Sunday, June 19, 2011

Day 4 and 5 of 365

Weight: 295
Food: Went to a restaurant and ate a vegetarian meal...of my own choosing!

Well I have been on this journey for a whopping 5 days now and couldn't be happier with how it is going. I think with few exceptions i have kept my calorie count to 1500 per day and I only missed one day of exercise due to the unfortunate bleacher incident. My calf's are still so sore that when I walk it looks more a kin to a waddle. I found a great way to exercise yesterday; I worked in the yard shoveling and landscaping for nearly 5 hours. According to My Food Diary I burned over a thousand calories. I am not sure how accurate it is but i know that i sweat my butt off for 5 hours and was mucho glad when six o'clock rolled around and i had to go to Stake Conference.

An interesting thing happened on Friday, we went to the grocery store to get ready for the weekend and I found that finding food that sounded good AND fit with in my calorie regime was almost impossible. When I took the time to look and really calculate what impact the particular food would have on my body it was very discouraging. (Did you know that Ding-Dongs have 220 calories and 170 of then are from fat...who'd of thunk). Even things like certain fruits and breads that I have always considered healthy were so high in calories that I couldn't justify them in my new diet. I have started to judge food by the quality of the calories that they contain and how well they are going to keep me going. I know that my body is using every single calorie that i put in this sack of flubber I call my body and in order to do the exercise that I need and want I have to only put the good stuff in so I will last throughout the day.

Well, it looks like the days of 8lbs of weight loos in a single marathon night of urination are over, much to my dismay. I am excited to see that i have a total loss of 11lbs in 5 days and my goal of 4 lbs per week seems really obtainable. As my weight goes down I think that it will be easier to be more active with less of of a chance of a reoccurring bleacher incident.

I want to say thanks to all of you that are being so supportive and let you know that this wouldn't be possible with out you. I am doing this in the hope that God and physiology will lengthen my stay a little longer with my family and all of you and may be one day this will help someone else know that they can make this choice and change their lives as well.

No comments: