Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Day 1 of 365

I am starting this blog to create personal accountability and accountability to those that are near and dear to me. last night I weighed in at a whopping 306 lbs. the doctor said that some of that is water from my kidney, but most of it is cheeseburgers and milkshakes. My doctor also said that he highly recommends that I undergo weight loss surgery. Kirsten and I have been talking about all of the options and all of the consequences that accompany each.

I just have to say that I truly have an amazing wife, in the end she said that she sees pros and cons with both, she gave me her very humble opinion, and she said she loves me and supports whatever decision that I decide.

In the end I believe the right choice for me and my family at this time is to give a full and committed effort to doing mental surgery before I do any permanent physical surgery.  (no that does not mean a lobotomy). In the words of my great brother Zach "why don't you spend a thousand dollars finding out whats wrong in your head that makes you eat like you do before you spend twenty thousand dollars hiding the effects" When he said that something resonated in me that I cannot deny. There is a reason that I am using food to comfort me when I am stressed or depressed and I need to train my body to deal with that in a more healthy way. If I do that I should be quite a bit smaller when I am done and I should be a fair bit more healthy, both mentally and physically.

I am choosing to share all of this with what ever poor soul decided to follow it in order to have some sort of accountability. I want to be accountable to someone other than my self. I want to publish the fact that this isn't some fad diet that I loose 20 lbs in a week and gain it all back the next. This is my record of the next year and the goal I have to exercise 6 times a week and eat 1500 calories plus what I exercise off. This I believe is the formula to loose 4 lbs a week, hence the name of the blog.

I will be posting my weight and exercise daily, and be posting what my calorie count was as much as possible. I will also be posting my personal thoughts and experiences along the way. And to those poor souls following this I would love any words of encouragement, thoughts or ideas you have that may help me on my quest. Please don't be shy or afraid of hurting  my feelings. I need all the TRUTH I can handle in my life right now. With out the truth I will not be able to make the decisions that I need to accomplish the goal of 4 lbs a Week!

So with out further adieu, and with grammar and spelling mistakes spewing like a open fire hydrant on a hot summer day, I bid you welcome to 4 Lbs A Week

2 comments:

Mick Kirsten Thomas said...

I'm SOOOOO proud of you Mick! Here's to a great year!!! : ) xoxoxo

Anonymous said...

DO IT TO IT DOGG! You've always been my favorite brother-in-law because of your positive, funny, outgoing personality! Put those qualities into your goals for better health this year, and I see no reason why you won't stand tall with your accomplishments come the beginning of next summer.
-Signed, The Macho Stay at Home Dad's Wife